To view a draft of my current inspection report click on the link below. If you have ordered an inspection be sure to read the Pre-Inspection agreement at the end of the report. All homes are different: text is always added or deleted to fit the specifics of each home. For an overview of the inspection report view the outline below.
- The soils, slope, vegetation, and other elements outside the home.
- Grading, drainage and retaining walls.
- Flatwork: Driveways, walks, patios.
- Vegetation: Trees, ground cover, erosion control.
- Appurtenances: Detached garages, outbuildings.
- How the house is protected from the elements.
- Cladding/Siding: Types of materials, installation, condition.
- Fenestration: windows and doors.
- Other elements: Stoops, steps, balconies and decks.
- The foundation supports the building.
- Types of foundations and installation.
- Moisture, wood rot, termites.
- The frame to which the components of the house are attached and through which loads are transferred to the foundation.
- Roofs, walls, and floors.
- Materials: sawn wood, engineered wood, wood panel, steel.
- Connectors: Nails, bolts, hangers, gussets, staples, straps.
- The framing should be covered to enclose the conditioned space.
- Walls, floors, ceilings, stairways and doors.
- Fireplace, hearth.
- Roof coverings protect the home.
- Roof coverings.
- Skylights, vents, flues, and other roof penetrations.
- These systems provide needed comfort and convenience.
- Electric: Main panel, wiring, fixtures, receptacles and switches, disconnects.
- Plumbing: Water and gas piping, drains and vents, water heater, fixtures.
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning: Equipment, ductwork, venting.
- Kitchen and Laundry Appliances, Jetted tubs, steam showers, etc.
- Recommendations for reducing utility costs, improving comfort and indoor air quality.
- Sealing building envelope.
- Sealing equipment and ducting.
- Controlling ambient moisture.
- Equipment efficiency.
- Insulation and ventilation.