|Grady High School Cyberspace Project|
*GradyGram* Mail Archive
* Tell your friends about GradyGrams, particularly 9th grade parents and students. Email me (Terry) at email@example.com and I will sign up for you.
1.Grady now has a school council which represents parents, faculty and businesses. The council is to provide advise and recommendations to the princiipal regarding student success. When necessary the council will make recommendations to the APS board of education. If you have items to place on the agenda please contact your parent reps - Diane Terrell at 404-892-0072 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Barbara Hopkins at 404-377-6104 email email@example.com
2. Student directory forms were distributed to homeroom teachers last week. Many teachers had the students complete the forms while in homeroom. If you are concerned that current information was not collected, please email your student's name, homeroom number, address and phone # to Emily Wert at firstname.lastname@example.org
MARK YOUR CALENDARS & GET IN THE SPIRIT
****Don't miss the Grady Tail gate BBQ Sept 6. Everyone is invited to the pre-game tail-gate BBQ, 3:30 - 5:30PM on the front Lawn. Dinner tickets $5 (includes chicken or pork bbq sandwich, coleslaw, beans and potato salad with ice tea). Don't miss this event, you will be sorry.
****This year, the PTSA would like to do a better job of acknowledging our students' achievements. To do this we would like to include student success items in the Grady Gram and the Knight Lights. Parents, students and teachers, please help our Grady community know such things as nominees for the Governor's Honors program, inductees into the Beta Club or science fair winners. Our students are doing great things. Please help us to acknowledge their successes.
You may submit articles directly to the Grady Gram by emailing Terry Kearns at Gradyproject@aol.com. The Grady Gram is sent every Friday so you should have your information to him by Thursday morning. Send articles to the Knight Lights to Carol Senf at email@example.com. The deadline for the next issue is Friday, August 30. If you would prefer, you may send your information to Beth Thornton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 404.872.4002. She will write the information up and submit it for publication.
*** Grady's Fall Sports Schedules are on the web at: http://tk-jk.net/gradyproject/fallsports2002.htm
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED ****
1. To help fold, stamp and label Knight Lights newsletter on September 10, 9-11am. Call Diane Terrell 404-892-0072 or email at email@example.com I have one volunteer, 5 more are needed.
2. To help membership committee on Sept 17 at 6PM during PTSA Back-To-School Open House. Volunteers are needed to help sign up members as they arrive to attend the open house. Call Pat Griffin at 404-874-1289 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. I have two, 2 more are needed.
3. Homecoming dance is Fri, Oct 25. If you would like to chair a committee to decorate, set up, food, please contact me soon. We need help! Thanks, email@example.com or 404-8742161
Friday, August 30
Monday, September 2 Labor Day - No School
Tuesday, September 3
Wednesday, September 4
Thursday, September 5
Friday, September 6
Saturday, September 7
Monday, September 9
Tuesday, September 10
Wednesday, September 11
Thursday, September 12
Friday, September 13
Saturday, September 14
Sunday, September 15
**We know there are many more events that the Grady Community wants to know about. Please help us by sending event notices and calendars to firstname.lastname@example.org
|For future *GradyGrams
Congratulations to the following Grady students who will be participating in APSís study abroad program this semester. Lisa Pastoria, Allison Vaughn, Sean Corley and John McDaniel will be in France. Joe Oliver, Kimberly Hagen, Katherine Hagen, Catherine Secrest and Laura Jones will be in Spain. Congratulations also to Isabel Wilson who will spend the school year in Italy.
Welcome to the following students who will be attending Grady this year. Levente Pazmany from Slovakia, Katerina Saikouska from the Ukraine, Silke Albrecht from Germany, Turana Baghirova from Azerbaijan, Vicente Machado-Silva from Brazil, Quentin Mourichoux from France and Sabrina Siegmann from Germany.
Would you please add the following information to Grady Grams for the
The Interact Club also needs parent drivers to take students to the
Atlanta Community Food Bank and Project Open Hand. Directions will be
provided. Parents may accompany students at the service sites or may